SUSAN G. KOMEN FOR THE CURE 5K MAY 7, 2016
W Atlanta - Buckhead welcomes Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Saturday, May 7th, in support of breast cancer fundraising and education. The race course starts and finishes on Peachtree Road and will significantly impact road closures surrounding entrance and exit.
Race Day Schedule
- 6:30 AM - Registration Begins & Survivor Breakfast Opens
- 7:30 AM - 1 Mile Walk
- 8:00 AM - 5K Run/Walk
- 8:45 AM - Awards and Post-Race Celebration
- 9:45 AM - Survivor Recognition Ceremony
Below you will find the road closure details, as well as directions and a map denoting the easiest ways to enter and exit the hotel between 5:00am and 12:00pm on Saturday, May 7th. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please never hesitate to contact Whatever/Whenever at (678) 500-3100.
Directions for Arrival and Departure
If you are arriving Saturday, May 7th between 5:00am and 12:00pm:
- Head south on Lenox Road. Lenox Mall will be on your right.
- Turn right onto East Paces Ferry Road.
- The road will take a sharp turn. Turn left at the stop sign. (Lenox Parkway).
- Turn left into the Shops Around Lenox and turn right onto Around Lenox Road.
- Enter the parking garage on the left. Parking and access to hotel will be on the second level.*
*Note: Clearance on second level of garage is 6"5. Please remain on ground level of garage, and valet staff will be available to assist you.
If you are departing Saturday, May 9th between 5:00am and 12:00pm:
- Exit the hotel through the parking garage entrance across from the entrance.
- Take ramp on your left down one floor, and exit onto Around Lenox Drive.
- Enter Shops Around Lenox. Turn right on Lenox Parkway.
- Continue on Lenox Parkway until the stop sign. Turn right on East Paces Ferry Road.
- I85: Turn right on Lenox Road and continue for 3 miles.
- GA400: Turn left on Lenox Road and continue for 1 mile.
Peachtree Road – between Lenox Road and Piedmont Road.
5:00am to 10:00am – Race Staging Area
- Local traffic allowed to access business in this area for deliveries, cabs for guests, etc. until 7:20am. After this time, access will be at the discretion of the APD coordinator and APD police officers.
- Every attempt will be made to accommodate local traffic if possible, but there will be a window of time from roughly 7:30am to 10:00am when it will be difficult to accommodate any traffic.
Piedmont Road - between Peachtree Road and Pharr Road.
7:30 am to 10:00 am – Race Route
- Street will reopen immediately after the last runners/walkers completing this portion of the route.
- Local traffic allowed to access businesses and residences in this area for deliveries, arrivals and departures, etc. until 8:00am. After this time, access will be at the discretion of the APD coordinator and APD police officers.
- Local traffic needing access to business in this area can be allowed through once walkers arrive. Officers may hold the walkers to allow local traffic through the route.
- Every attempt will be made to accommodate local traffic if possible, but there will be a window of time from roughly 8:10am to 9:45am when it will be difficult to accommodate any traffic.
Around Lenox Drive – Lenox Square Exit Driveway (exit side only)
5:00am to noon – Race Finish line
- Westin Hotel traffic will be allowed to enter/exit via the entrance side of the driveway during the duration of the event.
- APD officer will be assigned to this area to insure that hotel traffic can flow.
- All exiting traffic will have to proceed to the rear of the hotel to exit the Lenox Square area during the event.
Peachtree Road – between Piedmont Road and Pharr Road
7:30am to 10:00am – Race Route
- Race Route will be in 4 lanes (northeast bound) on the south side of the road.
- Vehicle traffic may be allowed to flow in the southwest bound lanes toward Roswell Road.
Pharr Road – between Peachtree Road and Piedmont Road.
7:30 am to 10:00 am – Race Route
- Race Route will be in 2-1/2 lanes (westbound lanes) on the north side of the Pharr Road.
- Two way vehicle traffic will be created in the 2-1/2 lanes (eastbound lanes) on the south side of the road.